Breakfast is a wonderful time for sharing stories of your travels and where you live. We offer a multi-course breakfast which is tailored to your preferences. Breakfast is served in our dining room at the time of your choice between 6:45 a.m. and 9 a.m., or weather permitting, on our deck overlooking the garden. For those wanting a really early start for animal viewing we have a hearty Breakfast to Go (remember most wild animals are best seen at dawn and dusk). Our B&B mini-kitchen is available at anytime during the day and is stocked with complimentary teas, coffee, hot chocolate and freshly baked Hermit cookies.
Click on photos to view larger
Our breakfasts include:
- Freshly ground fair trade coffee, teas, hot chocolate and juice
- The Arbor Fruit Cup served in our Denby china teacup (changes with fruit in season)
- Assorted fruit yogurts
- A Signature Breakfast
Our Signature Breakfasts:
- Oven Baked French Toast with warm cranberry/maple syrup and crisp thick cut bacon
- Sourdough Blueberry Pancakes served with crisp thick cut bacon
- Julie’s Egg Nests – two baked eggs wrapped in Black Forest Ham topped with cheddar and basil and served on toasted english muffins
- Dutch Baby Pancakes – individual soufflé pancakes filled with fruit in season and crisp thick cut bacon
- Oven Baked Frittata with toast made with Arbor seed bread
- The Hearty Continental – including homemade mueseli, cereals, toasted seed bread or fresh muffins.
- Be sure and ask about our Arbor bag lunches for the train.
- We of course cater to special dietary requirements.
The Legend of JGO (aka JG Originals)
This family story dates back many years and tries to explain Julie’s inability to produce the same recipe exactly the same, or the same sewing project exactly like the first one. JGO stands for Julie Griffiths’ Originals… every product is “almost” like the last one but not quite. It is the “not quite” that make our breakfast particularly enticing!